Listen: I’m a dog guy, hands down. I love dogs. I adore dogs. I usually get on the floor and play with dogs when I’m supposed to be talking to people.
You could say I got my start when I was a kid and my best pal was my Chow Chow, Hotai. That was the beginning of a long love affair with dogs.
I got my professional start years ago. Having left the teaching profession, I started conducting dog training classes at the local big box store. That was a safe, risk-free environment to get my feet wet in, AND I LOVED IT.
As word got out, classes picked up until it became a crucible, honing my skills with dog after dog after dog. At one point during the summer I was doing 17 classes a week!
Thus, within a few years my passion, experience, and knowledge grew beyond the bounds of what I could do in that setting. It became stifling.
Some FACTOIDS for ya:
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) by the Certifying Council of Professional Dog Trainers
- PetTech certified instructor for Pet CPR/First Aid (PTI #2144)
- AKC certified Canine Good Citizen Evaluator.
- Master’s Degree in teaching from Southern Oregon University
- Professional Premium member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers.
- Volunteer consultant for the Chemung County SPCA, Stray Haven Humane Society and SPCA, and Rainbow of Hope Animal Rescue.
- Lifelong artist. I am a freelance illustrator and designer, and I own Moulin Diesel.
- I’m married to a ridiculously awesome woman and we live in upstate New York. This, in addition to working with dogs, AND doing art? I am one lucky guy.
What Are People Saying About our Training?
Get The Dog Owner’s Basic Gear Buyer’s Guide
28-page Curated List
Essential Gear and Accessories
Bonus Articles and Tips